I have a challenge for myself. An early new years resolution of sorts.
There are those that like cooking and get enjoyment and peace out of it. Well, I'm not one of those people. Cooking is a chore, and a chore I greatly dislike. You know its not easy to cook when you have two children needing your attention every two minutes. Oh and Logan...he's the worst. That boy can play quietly by himself when I'm available to give him my undivided attention but, he knows when I can not and that's when he strikes. If I'm busy, he is the most needy child. It's quit frustrating to say the least! Oh, and the clean up! The clean up! Again, can't get the boys out from under my feet long enough to get everything put up and cleaned up. So when I do cook things usually don't get completely cleaned up until the next morning and that stresses me out. Why don't you do it after the boys go to bed you ask, and the answer is I'm just too tired by then.
Anyways, back to my point. We eat out way to much! I am challenging myself to no eating out all week, lunch or dinner. Some may be thinking, no eating out for just 7 days, what's the big deal. But for me, it will be difficult. I am hoping that since I am putting my challenge in writing I will be more willing to stick to it. And here's where you come in. I need to stay accountable. So please check back and see how I'm doing and feel free to leave a comment. Ask me what we ate, provide words of encouragement, etc. It's going to be a busy week so I have to stay focused.
By the way, today we had pb&j for lunch and spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. One down six more to go. And if you're wondering what I did with the kids while I was cooking, I had to put the gate up to keep Logan out of the kitchen. He stood at the gate and cried the whole time. Luckily it doesn't take very long to cook spaghetti! And same goes for clean up. However, eventually Caden showed Logan how to go around through the playroom and get into the kitchen. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
How is the 7 day challenge going? What are ya'll having today. I am sure the first few days are the hardest, hang in there!!
Hey, It is hard trying not to eat out!! But for me it is cheaper and sometimes less stress on me because when the girls act up at home it is okay to discipline them my way with out the looks(sometimes ugly and disapproving looks). And it gets easier to cook with the kids always needing something, I try alot of one pot meals(and i tend to make to much so then we have a leftover night)and as far as the clean up sometimes I leave it till the morning(which I don't like to do, but I do) and then sometimes I tell Pete I cooked you clean!!! Let em know how you do!
Post a Comment