Monday, December 1, 2008

Oops I did it again!!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!! Early Thursday morning we loaded up and were off to Houston to spend Thanksgiving with Mimi and Papa J.

After our yummy lunch Logan was sitting on the couch and fell head first, straight into the corner of the coffee table. Yep, another gaping head wound and another visit to urgent care! Remember, we just did this a mere 26 days ago for a chin laceration!

After about 20 minutes on the phone trying to find a facility that was open on Thanksgiving we finally found one, a pediatric urgent care at that! I thought we would just get it glued and be on our way like last time.

After the doctor cleaned it out (that is the worst part, holding him down as he screams!) he determined that glue would not work due to the shape of the wound. It kind of split in a Y shape at the top. He could have put in a couple stitches but did not think it would help minimize scaring, again due the the Y shape. Plus the trauma of stitches was not worth it. He thought it would heal best with just Steri Strips (aka tape). Doc taped him up and we were on our way.

The Steri Strips were suppose to stay on for up to 5 days. Yeah right, that didn't even last 48 hours!

He recovered quickly and is doing great now. I think I need to go get some Maderma for this boy before he looks like Frankenstein. :-)

LOGAN, NO MORE LACERATIONS (at least for a few months), PLEASE!!



Off we go to urgent care Despite his injury he's still all smiles as he waits to see the doctor

Being still with Daddy after being taped up

All better

No comments: