Saturday, February 7, 2009

Monster Jam

I'm finally getting to the Monster Jam post. We went to Houston last month to take all the boys to the monster truck show. What a great time it was!

I was a little worried about Logan. I thought he may get scared because it's so loud and also thought we would have problems with him not sitting still. Oh boy, was I wrong! He wasn't scared of the trucks at all and sat in my lap and watched the whole show. He would cheer them on and would ask for more when one truck would leave and waiting for the next. There was one part during intermission where he was scared of this huge robot, dragon thing. Even after the show re-started he was very concerned about where it was and wanted to make sure it "stayed asleep". He would even tell the loud monster trucks to "shh" so that they didn't wake up the robot thing. Too funny.

Caden went to Monster Jam last year with Daddy so we knew he would love it. He just sat there and took it all in.

Both the boys are way into monster trucks now. They will get their little monster trucks and jump over their hot wheels, so cute. They just can't get enough. Hopefully the show will come to Dallas next year.

I love doing things for the boys that I know they are really going to enjoy (as I'm sure ever parent does). Seeing that look of pure excitement on their faces. And watching them relive it and talk about it over and over. Just priceless.

The pictures aren't too bad considering they were taken in low lighting with my little Canon point and shoot. I have a few short video clips I will try to upload in a separate post, if I can.

Enjoy!


Daddy and his boys, Daryl, Caden, and Logan.
Logan happily getting a ride from big bro, Daryl.

Caden being silly for the camera.

Caden's favorite, of course, Grave Digger.






This is the truck that won. He put on a great show.




A great show that is until.....this.


This truck actually caught on fire. Something in engine blew and the whole cab was engulfed in flames within seconds. The officials all ran out with fire extinguishers. A little scary for a minute, but he exited the truck unharmed.

This is the thing Logan did NOT like. See the car it picked up and is "eating".



No comments: