Friday, March 20, 2009

Bye-bye Paci

And with that bye-bye baby (tear, sniff, tear)!!

Logan is three days paci free!! Way to go Logan!!!

It all started Tuesday. That day I had thought about making it the last day with paci, but was honestly too tired and didn't want to mess with it. Well bedtime rolled around and I couldn't find his paci and he didn't seem to mind so I just put him to bed without. When I was putting him to bed I just simply told him I couldn't find his paci. He went straight to sleep and did good throughout the night. Then Wednesday we were at the Arboretum all day so there was no nap that day. Now, Wednesday night was bad. He wanted his paci and eventually just had to cry himself to sleep. He woke up several times through the night and after unsuccessfully trying to console him he once again just had to cry it out. Thursday and today he went down for nap without problems but only slept for an hour. He is usually a 2-3 hour napper. And Thursday night he went down fine but woke up several times crying. So I think he is waking up and having a hard time putting himself back to sleep without paci. He went to bed tonight again with no problems. I just hope he can sleep through the night.

With Caden we sent his binky to Mickey Mouse so that Mickey could give it to the babies. That worked well so I took the same route this time around. Logan, however, sent his paci to Thomas the Train. Here are some pictures of our ceremonial good bye.

Here Logan is decorating his envelope to Thomas.

Paci all ready for it's voyage to Sodor Island.

One last good bye!!

Here it is! Paci going bye-bye.

He put the envelope in the mailbox.

And then closed it (tear, tear)! Really I did tear up!

No comments: